The Mindful Diet Healthy Eating Course
Welcome to The Mindful Diet Course! I’m glad to have you here, and am excited about the changes we’re going to make together.
This course aims to help people to eat healthier through mindful eating, small habit changes, and conscious food choices. For many, this might mean weight loss (if you’re overweight), but for others this might just mean becoming healthier, feeling better, getting leaner, or even gaining weight if that’s needed.
It’s not an overnight weight-loss plan. Instead, it’s a lifestyle change, and included will be not just what and how much to eat, but methods that will help with lasting habit changes, address emotional eating issues, help with grocery shopping and meal planning, teach you simple healthy recipes, and more.
START HERE: How the Course is Structured
- Content: This is a four week course. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you’ll see all the content for this week. You’ll receive a link via email every week for the remaining three weeks of content.
- Email Updates: You should have received a confirmation email in your inbox after you registered. Please check for this email, in your Bulk or Spam folders if it’s not in your inbox. Please click the confirmation link within the email so you’ll get the weekly emails when new content is available.
- Forum: At the request of our members, I’ve created a members forum.
- Problems? Feel free to email Dean at contact (at) zenhabits.net and we’ll sort you out.
Why is It Called ‘The Mindful Diet’?
This course is really about healthy eating, but it uses the habit of eating mindfully to accomplish healthy eating changes.
Eating mindfully helps you to eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re sated. It helps you to deal with emotional eating issues, eating during social occasions, making conscious and healthy food choices, and changing your habits gradually and consciously. It helps you enjoy your food more, and to enjoy eating healthy foods.
It’s not a diet that tells you what to eat. You don’t have to eat vegetarian food, though if you’re interested in that I can help. You don’t have to eat any specific kind of food, though I do recommend real food and especially lots of delicious veggies.
The Mindful Diet Healthy Eating Course: Week 1
- Article:Â Choosing a Healthy Eating Habit to Change
- Article:Â What is Mindful Eating
- Video:Â Learning to Eat Mindfully
- Article: 10 Ways to Easily Add Real Food to Your Diet, by Kath Younger, RDÂ ofÂ Kath Eats
- Article: The Mindful Diet recipes, from Jules Clancy ofÂ Stone SoupÂ and Leo
- Webinar:Â The Mindful Diet with Leo BabautaÂ (this is the recording of the webinar), held on 04/04/12.