By Leo Babauta
This webinar was disconnected towards the end, so it ends rather abruptly! So I made up for it by recording a Q&A to finish off a few questions asked in the webinar chat … it includes a key meditation!
Please watch this webinar video, and then the Q&A video with meditation, as I think it’ll be very useful as you try to form your morning habit.
In the webinar video, I talk about:
Benefits of meditation:
* Time for reflection
* For creation
* For meditation
* For gratitude
* For focus
- Getting Out of Our Own Way â€” Problems we face:
- Difficulty with sleep changes
- Our own resistance
- Resistance from family members
- Feeling rushed
- Feeling grumpy
- Getting interrupted in the morning
- Stopping the habit, hard time restarting
- Inconsistent schedules
How to Remove the Obstacles
- Pick one habit, and slowly create it (this helps with difficulty with sleep changes, helps with resistance)
- Focus on mindfulness & gratitude
- Use interruptions as a mindfulness reminder
- Learn self-forgiveness when we are inconsistent, grumpy, etc
- Practice relative habits, rather than absolute
Watch the webinar video below or download the video here to watch on your device.
Meditation and Q&A
Some questions I answered:
- I would like to quit some other habit on weekend evenings, so that I could wake up early in the morning. But then in situation evening before I forget about next morning habit. So I go to bed late and I cannot wake up early next morning. Is there any technique that helps to remember “Why’s?” so that I remember about next morning habit? Usually emotions kicks in .. and they make it hard to remember that I’m actually trying to build new habit and I must wake up early next morning.
- Sometimes I’m too tired in the morning and my brain show so much resistance than I skip my new habits. Any advice?
- I started new habits after month but the habit didnâ€™t last. So I tried two months but it is still not enough. What is your experience â€” how much time do people need for a lasting habit?
- What do you do if you wake up and you have the urge to do urgent things that needs to be done i.e. house chores, getting things ready for the day instead of doing the quiet morning routine.
- I’m struggling to get into the habit of doing my MIT straight away. How do I stop procrastination?
Watch the meditation and Q&A video below or download the video here to watch on your device.