Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When members log into the site and submit info though forms, we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Members visiting the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with any advertisers or partners other than the websites needed for embedded content (videos, etc.) and to authenticate you as a member (see next sections on Memberful & Mailchimp below).
Membership & Payment Info with Memberful
We use a third-party service called Memberful to sign you up for the program and to log you in. It collects and stores the following data:
- Email address: To log you in and send you account and payment information
- Name: For payment and account information
- Payment information: Memberful stores your credit card information via a secure payment processor called Stripe, so that it can process your monthly payment fee. We don’t have access to that information, and neither does Memberful — it’s all stored securely in Stripe. This can be deleted at your request, but your membership would be canceled if you don’t add another credit card.
- Password: Your password is stored securely in Memberful. We don’t have access to this information, though we can have Memberful send you a password reset email.
Email List with Mailchimp
In addition, when you sign up as a member, you are added to a mailing list for members using a third-party service called Mailchimp, which collects and stores the following data:
- Your name & email address: For sending you updates on the program, including new content we publish, announcements about calls and other updates. You can unsubscribe from this email list in Mailchimp (using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails) and still be a member via Memberful, but you won’t get email notifications about new content or program updates.
- Device information: Mailchimp collects information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our mailing list, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Product usage data: Mailchimp collects usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the mailing list, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). It also collects information regarding the performance of the service, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails sent through the service. This information allows them to improve the content and operation of the service, and facilitate research and analysis of the service.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we store any data they submit to the website and also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username) via their account profile (using the Account link at the top of the site). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have any privacy concerns, you may contact us at [email protected]