Webinar: Overcoming Procrastination Obstacles
By Leo Babauta
In this webinar, I did an overview of the numerous obstacles facing we procrastinators, boiled them down to some root causes, and described a method for tackling those causes.
Some of the things discussed:
- Obstacles including dread of the task, fear, complexity, overwhelm, too much to do, the need to prioritize, perfectionism, laziness, lack of motivation, distractions like TV and the Internet.
- The root causes of procrastination: dread/fear, the pleasure/comfort of distractions, a lack of energy, lack of motivation, and the mental habit of being in switching mode.
- One of the toughest causes: lack of awareness.
- Solutions: tools for creating awareness, letting go of ideals/expectation, reviewing motivations/intentions, reviewing energy/sleep, watching but not following urges.
- The point where you make the decision, and what to do at that point.
- How to be kind to yourself when you fail.
- Barefoot running.
- And more.
Watch the video below, or download the video file to watch on your computer or mobile device.