Webinar Recording: 10 Practical Meditation Tips
By Leo Babauta
In this webinar, I gave 10 practical meditation tips, and answered questions on meditation and habits.
- Pick a time each morning (or evening). Actually, I find doing it first thing when you wake up is best. Have anything you need ready to go, so all you need to do is get up and sit down.
- Just focus on getting your butt on the cushion. Thatâ€™s the most important part for forming the habit. What comes next is not nearly as important.
- Suspend all judgment. Let the meditation space be a judgment-free zone. You should try to focus on your body and breath, but if your mind wanders, or you arenâ€™t as focused as youâ€™d like, forgive yourself. Let yourself just be, without feeling bad about what you do or think, for the short time you sit.
- Act on the 3rd urge.
- Align your spine. Ears, shoulders, hips should be aligned. Itâ€™s good to feel that balance — itâ€™s a part of being aware of your body, in the moment.
- Watch your thoughts. Label them.
- Count your breaths.
- Be accountable, and report.
- Let go of expectations, goals, outcomes. The process is the goal.
- Smile. Enjoy the moment.
And learn to let go, and to refocus.
Password for the video is seaoflove.