Webinar Recording: Writing Motivation
In this webinar, Leo talked about the ways in which we create new habit “grooves” … and how to stay on track for those grooves. This applies to motivating yourself to do the writing habit, but also other habits.
Some key points:
- Know where you’re going and why — it’s a great motivator.
- Use accountability both as a “fence” and as a “foot massage” — great motivations.
- Consequences are great motivators.
- Use the accountability teams — have a commitment to each other, set consequences, meet regularly, track your habits as a group.
- Have a writing accountability partner — send drafts to each other.
- Overcome perfectionism.
- Learn key habit skills: watching motivation and increasing motivation if needed, dealing with disruptions in routines, finding ways around the obstacles to getting started.
Watch the video below, or download the mp4 to watch on your iPad/iPhone or other device.