By Leo Babauta
As you go through the Do What You Love Daily Challenge, you might start to lose inspiration, and drop the challenge.
Don’t drop it yet! Or if you already have, come back!
There’s a lot of fertile ground to explore in the simple act of doing something you love.
Now, you might have discovered that it’s not as joyful as you thought it might be. Or maybe you have pushed it back because you don’t seem to have time. Whatever has happened, it’s a pattern in your life, so opening up to a new pattern here is incredibly powerful.
Open up, and explore.
Here are some things you can explore, as you do something you love doing:
- Finding gratitude in the middle of doing something, rather than taking it for granted.
- Making this one thing your entire universe, rather than thinking about other things you need to do later.
- Finding joy in moving, in doing, in being, in simple acts.
- Lingering in silence, hearing it as the language of the universe, as Rumi says: “silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation.”
- Finding curiosity for this moment, instead of thinking you already know what it is. Open your mind to not knowing, to finding out, to seeing what’s actually there instead of being blocked by preconceived ideas.
- Letting you love for this act, and this life, light you up and move you.
- Embodying love itself.
- Pushing into fear and discomfort with love and gratitude.
- Changing the way you normally do things by breaking free of your patterns, creating newness and possibility.
- Basking in the glory of this moment.
Lift yourself up with just a few minutes of exploration.