In this lesson, we talk about the idea of the state of Flow, which can be a state of happiness where we’re focused on the task at hand.
What is Flow? It’s a state we can get into … where:
- You are very focused on one task
- You lose yourself in that task, even losing track of time
- You find the task rewarding, even bringing happiness
It’s a state that we can purposely put ourselves into, if we practice.
We can train our minds to get into Flow by practicing on a regular basis:
- Free yourself from distraction for at least 5-10 minutes – block out distractions
- Set a challenging task before yourself, not frustratingly hard though
- Something you’re excited about solving or focusing on
- Allow yourself to get lost in the world of that task
It’s not always possible to get into Flow every single day, but putting yourself in a place to practice this every day is beneficial to your focus.
Try practicing getting into Flow each day this week.
Discuss this topic in Slack.