In this overview, we talk about what habit is and what to do in this month’s challenge.
- We are building fundamentals.
- Idea is to work on the skills that will help us to build and change any habit.
- Defining habit as something that we want to do regularly or something we would like to stop doing regularly (quit smoking, checking phone, etc.).
- We have habits that are repeating multiple times day (biting my nails) and ones that are happening once a day (lay down and eat the whole pack of chips after work).
- All of the “bad habits” are caused by some triggers (example: stress at work).
- We will be focusing on “good habits”.
- Daily habit – once a day – example: meditate
- More frequent habits – example: drink enough water
- Less frequent habits – example: fully engage with visitors I have
- New habit will have a triggers as well
- For the old habits there is a groove but for new habits we have to create it. New habit is about creating a new groove in order to become automatic behavior.
- In this challenge we will revisit the fundamentals and we will also add news and practice.
- Choose one new habit (or stick to the one you already have from fundamentals if you want to improve it or still don’t feel comfortable).
- This is a learning month – practice and make progress! Be compassionate and kind to yourself!
You can watch the video above, or here on Vimeo.