In this lesson, I interview minimalist expert Joshua Fields Milburn of the Minimalists, about how to let go of sentimental items, his journey to letting go of possessions, and much more!
In this lesson, we talk about:
- Dealing with sentimental items/ Josh’s mother’s story
- Donating items away and finding the items new homes
- How the best way to organize is to get rid of things/ how getting rid of things introduced him to minimalism
- How it was hard to let go of his identity as this big retail corporate guy, and how his career then wasn’t bringing him much fufillment/ hard to get rid of clothes
- How Josh and Ryan realized that they weren’t happy in their lives, and how that opened the door for Josh to talk about minimalism
- How what adds value to your life is what’s important, and how those things that are of value to you can change with time
- Packing Party/ how the things we think are of value to us might not give us as much value as we think/ the 90/90 rule
- The 20/20 rule/ letting go of ‘just in case’ items
- How we are programmed to hold onto things and how we can realize that we don’t have to hold onto things
- Gifts/letting go of gifts/communicating how you want to be loved
- Tips on digitizing photos/ photo party
This is incredibly useful stuff, so please watch!