Welcome to Lesson 3 of the Key Habit Skills Challenge!
In this lesson, we talk about encouragement and reward.
- Look back at your habit and reflect how it went last week.
- Learn by looking back.
- Instead of discouraging and punishing we can do something different if we haven’t accomplished our last week goal.
- We are taught to discourage and to punish which is not productive.
- Key skills are to notice when you start discouraging yourself and then to practice the skill of encouragement and reward.
- Ways to encourage yourself while you are doing it and after you finished doing it. Feel the encouragement. If needed, get encouragement from others.
- Encourage yourself and others.
- Positive reinforcement as a reword is powerful tool. Make yourself feel gratitude. Give yourself a threat (massage, cup of tea, etc.). It can be done before, during and after desirable behavior.
- Remember to do it, remember the reason, remember to encourage and to reward yourself.
You can watch the video above, or here on Vimeo.