As we move into the final week of our Create Daily Challenge, let’s look for the joy in our Create Daily sessions!
Last week, we expanded the time of our sessions and explored some new ways of creating … this week, the challenge is to play and find joy.
When we sit down to create, there might be resistance … fear … heaviness … struggle. Who wants to do that every day? Let’s open up that resistance by bringing in play! Let’s turn the fear into joy. Let’s bring lightness to the heaviness. Let’s let the struggle be our place of adventure and exploration.
This week, see how you can play, explore, and find even small joys in your Create Daily sessions.
- Let loose and play in your creating â€” do things without a plan, without structure, just letting yourself flow however feels fun.
- Come at it from a new angle, seeing things completely differently, as if this were the first time you’ve ever done this.
- Play some guilty pleasure music (let go of the guilt, of course!) and go crazy!
- Let your creating be a place of adventure and exploration, and you are the hearty adventurer!
- Find small pleasures to appreciate, new ways of seeing things to delight in, new ways to be grateful in the middle of creating.
- Can you uplift your soul in the act of creating, so that you are full of miraculous joy?
Of course, don’t put a lot of pressure on yourself to do all of this. Pressure and stress don’t lead to joy. Instead, bring a sense of lightheartedness, bringing the 8-year-old version of you to the creating, like you’re a child again.
How might your inner child play and explore? What would your 8-year-old self find joyful?
Bring a sense of curiosity and awe, fun and wonder. See what happens.