Welcome to Lesson 2 of the Quitting a Bad Habit!
In this lesson, we are discussing some ground work for quitting a habit.
- Quitting cold turkey – from doing it to not doing it at all.
- Gradually Quitting – slope rather than a cliff. More effective according to the research. Change slowly.
Any habit has a trigger, “bad” ones included. Usually, it is triggered by stress. It is seen as a coping mechanism for stress. It is important to understand your triggers. What can we do instead? New “positive” habit. Tracking and reviewing help us stay on track.
- Track your “bad” habit. Observe what is triggering it. Situation. Feelings.
- Use journal as a tracking method.
- Create a simple plan – use Quit Plan & Journal Template
You can watch the video above, or here on Vimeo.