Welcome to Lesson 6 of the Quitting a Bad Habit Challenge!
In this lesson, we are talking about obstacles and what to do about them:
- Typical pattern of behaviour with bad habit as a negative snowball.
- Point is to catch yourself somewhere in the process as early as possible.
- Implement new coping mechanism.
- If we slip up, it’s ok, just notice it next time when bad habit is or about to be triggered.
- Keep coming back as soon as possible.
- Resist the urge.
- Other people might be another possible obstacle.
- Instead of seeing them as discouragement or criticism, see them as practice oportunity.
- Feel the discouragement but find yourself encouragement as well – other friend, ask for support in community, think of something helpful.
- Get back on track – encourage, encourage, encourage…
- Catch yourself in the process.
- Ask for support in community, find a reliable friend who will understand and ecourage you.
You can watch the video above, or here on Vimeo.