In this webinar, I talk about the actual power of our habit environment.
I’ve broken this webinar recording into two parts:
- Part I – My Talk: Habit environment (See notes)
- Part II – Questions & Answers: I answered some really great questions from some amazing people, please watch!
Part I: Leo’s Talk (with notes)
In this talk, I covered:
We often think that we are responsible for the success or failure of our habits. It seems like we are terrible people, either way – for having a bad habit or for failing to create a good one.
We are responsible for our habits but this ignores the power of our habit environment – to make or break the habit.
The environment of doing a habit actually can make it very difficult. It is everything going on in life, in the world, today, in the moment when we are suppose to work on our habit.
We can overcome all of them but it is more powerful than we recognize. What I suggest is this:
- Visual reminders (post it/sticky notes on visible places, phone reminders, workout clothes near you, meditation cushion next to your bed, turning off the internet,…)
- Being in a place where people are supporting your change (meditation retreats, focus sessions, running clubs,…)
- Doing project with someone else (family members, friends,…)
- Apps – habit apps, meditation apps, language apps,…
- Getting rid of the distractions (junk food,…)
If you are not sure why you keep doing something, the first place to look is the environment.
Watch above, or here on Vimeo.
Part II: Questions and Answers
In the second part of the webinar, I answered a number of great questions from members, please watch!