In this webinar, I talk about Decluttering and Simplicity.
I’ve broken this webinar recording into two parts:
- Part I – My Talk: What applies both for Declutter and Simple Living (See notes)
- Part II – Questions & Answers: I answered some really great questions from some amazing people, please watch!
Part I: Leo’s Talk (with notes)
In this talk, I covered:
Bringing Mindfulness to Decluttering and Simplifying:
- A lot of obstacles are internal and our focus is on them – letting go, overwhelm, resistance, fear of lack, etc.
- Decluttering as a trigger for all of these internal thoughts and emotions.
- It can be seen as an opportunity to bring in mindfulness to our practice.
- Garage – declutter example. Aspirational things as books, excercise equippment, etc. Fear of letting go of them and bringing mindfulness in.
- Feeling, experiencing and allowing it to be there.
- Let yourself fully feel the resistance. What’s your story… your narrative?
- Narrative goes along with the resistance and fear.
- Examine that narrative, notice its presence. It is not necessarily false, nor true. It is just narrative.
- We bring awareness to the narrative and then we can breathe while bringing some awareness to it.
- See the things as they are. As an object.
- Give yourself a choice – stick with the narrative or bring something new and helpful.
- New view – letting go means I am freeing myself of this emotional baggage.
- We have abudance of options.
- As we simplify our lives, every object becomes practice ground.
Watch above, or here on Vimeo.