Welcome to Week 1 of the Balance Work & Rest Advanced Challenge!
- Why do we tend to have a skewed balance between work and rest?
- We usually lean towards work and away from rest, and the reason has something to do with fear and uncertainty.
- Feeling that we need to do everything and the fear that we don’t have enough time is what drives us.
- If we really look at it, usually those are not true beliefs.
- There are also external pressures – “It is expected from me to finish everything”
- It can be hard to separate external standards as they are usually internalized.
- We need to look at what is inside us rather than outside.
- If we can address and sit with the fear that is inside us then we can calm ourselves down and have rational look.
- Check in, what are your fears. Share it with us and with other people.